Like that also can?
But you see, I can’t remember the last time I roasted garlic. And it’s one of the most amazing, and amazingly simple things around. Works wonderfully with just about anything.
Life’s most beautiful flavours stand best on their own.
All it took was a few heads of garlic, drops of olive oil, dash of black pepper, and 35min in a 180 deg C oven. Would have left them in there longer, but we needed them quickly for udon…
I will make them again. And use them in some of these ways:
- Mashed passionately with potatoes and deep fried shallots
- Mixed greedily with butter, then spread lovingly on sliced baguette
- Tossed deftly with linguine and back bacon in an aglio olio type dish, with fresh basil and Parmesan shavings
- Laid carefully as a base for an out-of-this-world mushroom quiche
- Plonked unceremoniously on a juicy chicken/pork burger patty, then squished for effect